In our effort to help hardworking families and community members protect their identity and prevent fraud, First American Credit Union is proud to provide free secure shredding services.
Saturday, November 2, 2019
1001 N Pinal Ave. Casa Grande, AZ 85122
9 am - 12 pm
The first five boxes are free; Donations benefit the Casa Grande Youth Commission.
For more information or any additional questions, email us at [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the next shredding event?
Saturday, November 2, 2019
9am – 12pm
Who can attend?
The event is open to the community.
What’s the cost?
Shredding events are free. We welcome monetary donations for the Casa Grande Youth Commission.
How does it work?
Shredding events offer a drive-thru service, but it’s likely need to unload your shreddable items and hand them to our volunteers or truck operators.
Use the Pinal Ave entrance, veer to the right, and drive towards the drive-up ATM. Volunteers will guide and direct you when to stop and unload.
How long will it take?
Average time on site is approximately 5 - 10 minutes, but understand that times may vary according to volume of participants. Please be a good neighbor and don't block intersections.
The line is really long. Can I walk up with my shredding?
For safety and to be fair to those who are in line before you, we cannot accommodate walk-up service.
What can I shred?
Members can shred up to five bags or boxes of personal items per person, including:
- Credit card receipts, bills, cancelled checks, bank statements.
- Photos, calendars.
- Paper with staples or small paper clips.
What can’t be shredded:
- Coils, binders, large paper clips
- Batteries of any kind, lighters, matches.
- Heavy cardboard, framed pictures.
- Cell phones, computer towers, hard drives, toys.
- CDs, DVDs, VHS or data tapes.
Thanks for your help in removing these items as they can cause serious harm to the trucks and operators.
What can I do to prepare?
- Make sure we can shred it. Small staples and regular paper clips are fine, but please remove large plastic clips or coils.
- Make sure you can carry it. Bring all items in sturdy, easily transportable bags or boxes.
- Make sure you should shred it. Some documents you need to shred regularly, some annually, and some should never be destroyed.
How much can I bring?
You may bring up to five bags or boxes of items for shredding.
City of Casa Grande E-Cycle
In addition to shredding services, the City of Casa Grande Sanitation Division will also be hosting an E-Cycle event on-site to recycle old and unwanted electronics. Acceptable items include computer monitors, keyboards, televisions, cameras, phones, and household batteries.