Saturday, April 17, 2021
1001 N. Pinal Ave., Casa Grande, AZ 85122
9:00AM – 12:00PM
The first five boxes are shredded for free! Donations benefit the Casa Grande Youth Commission.
Curbside Shredding – In order to maintain social distancing practices, following CDC, local and state guidelines, this will be a no contact, drive-thru event. All visitors are encouraged to remain in their cars as we remove shred documents.
If you feel sick or have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, we ask that you stay home for the safety of our volunteers and other community members.
We look forward to members of the community taking the opportunity to safely and securely dispose of their sensitive documents.
Please use the main entrance on Pinal Ave. to access the curbside shredding line as it wraps around the drive-thru ATM.
For more information or any additional questions, email us at [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the next shredding event?
Saturday, April 17, 2021
9am – 12pm
Who can attend?
The event is open to the community.
What’s the cost?
Shredding events are free. We do welcome monetary donations for the Casa Grande Youth Commission.
How does it work?
Shredding events offer a drive-thru service, our volunteers or truck operators will help unload your shred items.
Use the Pinal Ave entrance, veer to the right, and drive towards the drive-up ATM. Volunteers will guide and direct you when to stop.
How long will it take?
Average time on site is approximately 5 - 10 minutes, but understand that times may vary according to volume of participants. Please be a good neighbor and don't block intersections.
The line is really long. Can I walk up with my shredding?
For safety, social distancing and to be fair to those who are in line before you, we cannot accommodate walk-up service.
What can I shred?
Members can shred up to five bags or boxes of personal items per person, including:
- Credit card receipts, bills, cancelled checks, bank statements.
- Photos, calendars.
- Paper with staples or small paper clips.
What can’t be shredded:
- Coils, binders, large paper clips
- Batteries of any kind, lighters, matches.
- Heavy cardboard, framed pictures.
- Cell phones, computer towers, hard drives, toys.
- CDs, DVDs, VHS or data tapes.
Thanks for your help in removing these items as they can cause serious harm to the trucks and operators.
What can I do to prepare?
- Make sure we can shred it. Small staples and regular paper clips are fine, but please remove large plastic clips or coils.
- Make sure you can carry it. Bring all items in sturdy, easily transportable bags or boxes.
- Make sure you should shred it. Some documents you need to shred regularly, some annually, and some should never be destroyed.
How much can I bring?
You may bring up to five bags or boxes of items for shredding.