Your path to a financially healthy life.
Members of First American Credit Union have access to free financial education and credit counseling services through our partnership with GreenPath Financial Wellness, a non-profit organization that helps empower people to lead financially healthy lives. We have teamed up with GreenPath to offer free, valuable tips and information to help you improve your money management skills and establish financial independence.
GreenPath Financial Wellness provides you access to online financial resources and certified financial counselors who can help you eliminate financial stress, get out of debt, increase savings, and achieve your financial goals.
GreenPath can provide personalized solutions to your individual needs. For issues ranging from a proactive savings plan to saving a home from foreclosure, advice is only a phone call away.
Contact GreenPath today! To use this valuable resource, simply call 877.337.3399. You can also access helpful tools and resources by visiting them at GreenPath Financial Wellness.
GreenPath’s financial counselors can:
- Explore options for easing financial stress and achieving financial goals
- Discuss your credit and provide tips for improving your credit score
- Look at student loan repayment options, including the pros and cons
- Discuss debt repayment options
- Assist with housing issues, including purchasing a home, avoiding foreclosure, or reverse mortgages
CheckRight is a web-based checking account management education module designed to teach you how to manage a checking account. Because it's a self-study program, you can learn at your own pace. Once you have read through the chapters, you will be directed to a quiz that will test your knowledge on checking accounts. You will be able to view the results and you have the option to send the results to your financial institution via e-mail.
Use CheckRight if:
- You are looking to open a checking account for the first time or
- You have had difficulty handling an account in the past.
Among other things, CheckRight will help you learn how to:
- Open an account
- Write checks
- Make deposits
- Maintain a check register
- Reconcile an account
- Create a spending plan
BudgetSmart is a new and exciting software program now available on our website. This easy-to-use software tool uses simple graphics, "pop-up" boxes and bar charts to help you manage your money more effectively.
Click here to download the program to your computer FREE of charge, and you're on your way to creating your own personalized budget!
- Establish a budget
- Track spending
- View tips for improving areas of overspending or inadequate saving
- Experiment with "what if" scenarios to determine how a major purchase or change in income would impact your budget